Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hanging Out in Heaven

"Here we are together, together, together. Here we are together retreating happily." Last year Margie arranged for us (Sandy, Peggy, Margie and Penny) to get together for our first "Sister's Retreat". We spent two nights at the Sheraton and then played in Salt Lake all day. Margie had made each of us a little pillow and sewn "Sisters are Stars that Twinkle in my Heart" on them. We had such a wonderful time (thank you, Margie!!) that we decided to make it an annual event.
This year we arranged to go to the Wyndam Resort at Bear Lake. Again, we have 3 days and two nights together (thank you, Sandy!!). As soon as we were in our condo, Peggy presented us with surprises. She had made each of us pillows and sewn "Sister's Sweet Retreat" on them, along with other gifts. So far, we've had a wonderful dinner on the patio, a full night of visiting (until 1:30 AM for some and later for others). This morning Margie and Penny fixed us a beautiful breakfast and we decided to set up a blogsite for all of us to contribute to.

Thus... "Sister's Sweet Retreat".

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Margie, were you able to log on? I hope so, you had some great pictures. Call me if you still have trouble. Love you!

Sandy said...

Oh, Margie, I just saw your slide show and I LOVE it!! So many good memories. I think I'll try doing a post of last year as well. Then we'll have the 1st and the 2nd annual. Do you think that will tie us over till the third annual?

Dave and Marie said...

Mom, still jealous I don't have sisters. I love seeing my mom have fun with hers though. Miss you!

Peggy said...

Yes, yes, yes! I love your slide show!! We packed in a LOT of fun in too few hours!! Where are we going NEXT year?? Carlsbad, was it, OR St. George? Does it even matter!

Guess we'll let Sandy get to Germany and back, and Margie, where are you going in December.

And Steeles are all going to Alaska June 20th next year - on Dad, that is. I'm excited - eight couples...

Well, shall I just write a letter...

Love you!! OOdles!!

Mrs. Lisonbee said...

This blogging of our Sister Sweet Retreats has Terry jealous. Just kidding. I did catch his lingering eye over my shoulder while I was reading our blog. Anyway, I am thrilled to relive our fun times by viewing our blog. Thanks Sandy for getting it rolling! I sure love each of you!

Mushy Margie

Peggy said...

Oh I'm giggling. It's past 11pm and I'm not sure I can settle down after reliving all our laughing! Beautiful blog, Sandy; except that plate of food that was never eaten - "it WASN'T me! Honest!"

SO glad you back us up to last year! You're a jewel. (Ok, Ok a diamond.)

Love you sweet sisters!